We have a specialist team here at Southerns Solicitors and we understand that discussing the physical or sexual abuse you suffered to a complete stranger is extremely difficult. Our expert team will do everything we can to make sure that you feel safe and comfortable with your solicitor and we would never ask you to go into detail regarding the abuse until you are ready to do so.

Southerns Solicitors are specialists in assisting people with claims against local authorities nationwide and have succeeded in assisting people who have suffered at the hands of social services.  You can make a claim for physical or sexual abuse even if the abuse took place a long time ago.

Can i Make a Claim?

Child abuse can take many different forms and as a result there are different ways to pursue a compensation claim, including:

  • Claims Against Care Homes for Abuse of Children in Care
  • Claims Against Local Authorities (including Social Services)
  • Claims for Compensation Arising from Abuse within a Family Situation
  • Claims Against a Heath Authority for Sexual Abuse of Patients by a Consultant
  • Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims

You can make a claim for physical or sexual abuse even if the abuse took place a long time ago. We can identify who is legally responsible and help you to bring a civil action against them.

What Compensation Will i Be Able to Claim?

We can help you to claim compensation for a number of losses including;

  • Physical Injury
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Current and future Care Requirements
  • Current and future Loss of Earnings
  • Medication costs
  • Other Treatment Costs
How Will i Be Able to Afford my Claim?

Southerns Solicitors are one of a limited number of firms who hold a Legal Aid franchise for this area of law. As such, we may be able to pursue your claim with Legal Aid funding. Alternatively, if you are not eligible for public funding, we may be able to pursue your claim on a no win no fee basis. Our team will be able to provide initial advice regarding funding at no cost to you.

Bringing a Claim Against Social Services

Social Services have a duty of care to protect children and other vulnerable members of society. Unfortunately, social services can often get things drastically wrong, often failing to intervene to protect a child despite clear indicators of potential risk.

At Southerns Solicitors, our expert team is on hand to help you claim compensation for:

  • Abuse caused by a social worker
  • Abuse whilst in care
  • Negligence of social services
  • Removal of children without consent
  • Abuse by foster carers

If you feel that you have been mistreated by social services or have suffered as a result of an individual social worker, our specialist solicitors will be able to advise you and help you to claim compensation.


Southerns Solicitors - For You


Southerns Solicitors - For Business


Southerns Solicitors Team


Southerns Solicitors Careers